Journal week #1
During this first week I felt really anxious because I wanted to start my
teaching practicum as soon as possible. While I was doing my observation week,
I took care creating this rapport between the students and me, I talked to them
about English class itself, what they like
and dislike about it and they asked me some questions about my ELT program and
the university life. The teacher from the school asked me to do
some activities in order to get two grades for the students. I took one whole
week to plan everything for my first classes, I wanted everything to be
perfectly, but, in real life, things may not go as we have thought. During this
first week I feel very comfortable with my eleventh students. In the
observation week some of the students were
not that close to me, maybe they tended to think I was a grumpy and curmudgeon person, but
after we got to know each other, we got close to me and opened up about themselves.
One of the activities I brought up for my students was make them write them a letter
for a hypothetical friends they may have in any country around the world, I
thought they may struggle to do it but I was completely wrong; most of them did
it pretty well and got good grades. This made me think about how I judged
students without knowing their skills regarding language performance. Something
I would to manage in a better is the time, also I’ve learnt throughout this week
I do have to do more well-explained classes because when I did my first class,
students used to ask some things regarding the structure of the activity and I
had to explained it again to every group.
Comments
Post a Comment