Journal week #4


This week was a really good week. I wanted students to get out of their comfort zone so, I decided to take an interesting and relevant topic to the classroom; which was depression. I brought this issue to the classroom because their ages range from fifteen to eighteen years old and they are likely to suffer from depression and others mental condition. Students really liked this activity because some of them may feel identify with this issue. I feel very comfortable with this lesson plan because I have always felt in this way with those kinds of topics, I have a real human side on me and, now in my teaching practicum I fell I can let out all those positives values I have always had within my inner personal perspective. Something interested was that some student told me they liked these kinds of classes because they don’t  like when the class is merely about academic stuffs, but also about personal issues and relevant issues we, as society, are going through nowadays. Having the students to make this comments is like a reward for me as teachers because I feel, somehow, I am helping my students to deal with those mental issues, letting them know they are not alone and they can count on me every time they need someone to talk to.

Comments

Popular Posts